Friday, February 1, 2008

Where to Begin???

I have been thinking about starting this blog for some time now. I think about dad a lot, miss him a lot and really don't know where else to "vent" these feelings. I have thought about all of my dear, close friends that live here in Bartlesville who have never had the privilege of meeting my dad and it makes me sad! What an important person in my life and I cannot share him with my closest friends. :>(

So, with the 2 year anniversary of my father's death quickly approaching (Feb. 10th), I have finally mustered up the emotional strength to start this journey of sharing- - -sharing my dad with whoever wants to know him. Or for those who do know him- - -to know him more!!

I opened this blog up for others in our family to be able to post messages as well so I really hope some of them will share stories and memories of my dad. I hope to share the good memories as well as the story of dad's last 18 months while he was fighting for his life. It is going to be hard to go through those months again, but I so badly want to share his story and I think it is important. Please be patient with me if there are huge gaps between posts. There are times that I just CAN'T let myself "go there". I am sure there are going to be completely random posts thrown in along the way as well- - -my girls are wanting to post about grandpa too- - -so please bear with us.

My dad was an amazing man!! I want his legacy to live on!!

Marci

No comments: