Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grandpa

So I don't know if this is where I'm supposed to post a memory but I'm going to anyway.

Walter Pilant is my grandpa, my mother's father.
So now, I'm going to share a memory I have of my grandpa...

So, this was a really long time ago, I was about 8 years old, it was when my aunt and uncle (Marci and Jeff) either just got married or just started dating, I can't remember. Well, me, my brother, my mom, dad, Marci, Jeff, Grandma and Grandpa all decided to go shopping. Well, when we were all done and ready to go home, I decided that I wanted a balloon. I started crying, I really wanted a balloon! Everyone was telling me that I didn't need a balloon and that they were ready to go and we were leaving. But no, Grandpa wouldn't let them leave until he found me a balloon. I can't remember if it was raining or not but my grandpa carried me around on his back until he got me a balloon... Everyone else just kept saying "She doesn't need a balloon, lets just go." and then my grandpa said "No, she wants a balloon, I'm gunna get her a balloon." Well, needless to say, My Grandpa found me a balloon.

This is just one of the many memories I have of my grandpa.

I also remember of how he always used to be ahead of everyone else. He walked so fast, you had to work pretty hard to keep up with him. Like, at amusement parks. Wow! Walking around with him all day really is a work out. He also used to always have those straps that you wear around your neck that carry your water bottle for you. I don't know why I remember that, but I do.

One time, my grandpa, grandma, my brother, and I all went to an amusement park in Florida, well my grandpa was way ahead of us and Andy was with him, me and my grandma sort of got left behind and then all of a sudden, we couldn't see them anymore. We were lost! Then, we walked around looking for them for a while and we turned around and WOAH! there they were! It was pretty funny.

So, I've never really had a chance to share all of these memories, thats why this is so long but I think I have one more.

That same time that my grandma, grandpa, and me and my brother went to Florida, we wanted to ride the drop zone...or something similar, I can't remember what it was called. Well, you had to go inside of a building and wait in line to get on the ride. Of course, my grandma waited for us outside. Too scary for her! So there wasn't really much of a line we had to follow the ropes to where we were supposed to go. Well, my grandpa was walking ahead of us and he didn't see that we were supposed to turn and he ran right into the rope. He had to lean completely over the rope, everything fell out of his pockets, it was so funny! Me and my brother kind of stood there laughing for a second and then of course we helped him pick up the contents of his pockets. We laughed about that for a while.

Well, I think that is all the memories that I'm going to share right now. Maybe some more later on.

Ashley

3 comments:

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
camryn said...

thanks

Marci said...

Ashley-
I remember that time when he HAD to get you the balloon- - -and yes, I believe it was raining and he was outside determined to find you a balloon. We were all a bit irritated! But that's what dad would do, bend over backwards for his grandkids.

I also remember how the front pocket of his shirt was always full of STUFF!!