Monday, February 11, 2008

I Made it Through the Day

Well, I made it through the day pretty well yesterday. We were very busy!! I have realized that being busy is a good thing when you are sad. The busier, the better! However, sometimes I enjoy those quiet moments that I get to stop and think about dad and miss him. God gave me a small amount of time yesterday morning before church to just sit and look at his picture and listen to the Homesick song and cry- - -ALL ALONE!!

I am thankful for the friends who came over last night and kept me company through my sadness. I also was able to chat with my mom and see how she was holding up. We all just miss him so stinking much. I know it is terribly hard for her! She is doing much, much better though. We have realized that the pain doesn't go away, missing him will never go away and we just have to move on WITH those feelings rather than waiting to move on when those feelings go away.

Marci

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I miss him a lot to!!
Kayla