Monday, February 11, 2008

Should've listened to Grandpa!

So its only been a day since I posted my last memory and I've already got another one...

So, there were these firetruck parades every year in west Terre Haute that we always used to go to. Of course it was always a win win situation. The kids got candy and Grandpa loved the firetrucks of course.

Well, a long time ago it was just my grandma and grandpa and me, we all went to the parade. My grandpa knew all of the firefighters that were going to be driving the trucks so we went back and were talking to them. One of the firefighters gave me this plastic red fire hat. My grandpa told me to wear it, and I was just like "No, I'm not gunna wear that here." Well, he kept trying to get me to wear it, but I wouldn't. So we all walked back to their car and I put my hat in there. Then we walked back to where we were before, we were all just standing there talking to grandpa's friends when all of a sudden I feel something wet hitting me on the head, I turn to grandpa and I ask him if he's throwing something at me. He said no and I really didn't believe him because it seemed like something he would do. Well, I felt the wetness for a few seconds and then my grandma looked over at me and she just started dying laughing! I was like, "What, what is it?" and she just turned to my grandpa and said "Look at Ashley's head" then he looked over and he started laughing too. Well, pretty soon everyone was laughing and I was still standing there wondering what the heck is on my head! Finally, my grandma told me that a bird had pooped on my head. Well, obviously I thought that was pretty disgusting, the firefighters gave me some wipes, but we definitely walked back to the car and I put that fire hat on. Haha.

When we got back to grandma and grandpa's house my grandma told me to go take a shower, and I said that I was afraid to take a shower because if I did then the bird poop would get all over me. My grandpa thought that the whole situation was pretty funny and of course said that I should have just listened to him in the first place.

Now, I wish I would have!

Ashley

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Hahaha that is hilarious I will see you in five day's.