Friday, March 7, 2008

The day my world collapsed

It was October 28 I will never forget that day. Walter had previously had some tests done and we went to the doctor to get the results. We never suspectd what the doctor was about to reveal to us. He said that no one wants to hear what he is about to tell us. He said you have cancer and you need to be admitted to the hospital immediately. He would make all the arrangements and he would get all the best doctors he knew. I thought I was going to collapse right there. Walter was so composed. He took the news alot better than I did. I was so shook up Walter would not let me drive him to the hospital. He drove himself. Once we got there several doctors started examining him. He had a large tumor in his abdomen. He was retaining fluid and was in kidney failure. I was in shock most of the day. I did manage to call Michelle, Marci and Brad and his parents. They were going to have to schelule surgery as soon as possible to put stints in so his kidneys would be able to start functioning again. This was the first day of the long journey we were about to embark on. It all seemed like a nightmare and I wished I would wake up. I will post more on our journey later. This is very hard for me because I still miss him so very much.

Patty

1 comment:

Marci said...

Thanks for finally mustering up the emotional energy to post Mom!! I love you and look forward to hearing the story from your perspective.